I don't think they'll join county schools any time soon, they have no need to. But You never know I was reading something in the paper about the meeting id like to know what all they discuss.
I don't think they'll join county schools any time soon, they have no need to. But You never know I was reading something in the paper about the meeting id like to know what all they discuss.
[IMG]http://he-man.us/Innovations/He-ManGifs/SkeletorYellBig1.gif[/IMG]
I think they will. After hearing the increase they would have to keep the school system open, at some point they are going to have to. Problem is, all these decisions are ramming up on timelines that are practically flying up.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
The School Board tonight unanimously voted to pursue a conversation with Wise County about the possibility of being involved in a school consolidation plan of 2 schools on 1 site.
I think it's a bad idea and I hope we don't join the County but what do I really know....
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
If Norton joins we need to just build one big school and be done with it. If they are going to build two with Norton involved each school would have over 1,000 kids. From a pure athletic standpoint, the closest school with that many kids would be Blacksburg......... Might as well just go all in one and play AAA ball. What's another hour when you are already going three?
There is already talk of petitions around town today for Recalls on the current school board and city council members if we decide to join the county, even though is elections next month all are running un-opposed. We left for a reason and I don't see a need to go back no matter if it is on a site in Norton, the only thing they can hold over us if the Vo-tech schools.
We as taxpayers have already sunk money into the high school to renovate it and is in good shape.
I really don't understand what the big push for "1 site" is? More "if i suffer you suffer" bull? Im with PVfan on this one, if your gonna do that crap, why not just go all in and build 1 big freakin school.
Close the little ones now, build 3 schools on 3 sites like they originally talked about and it will all be good.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson
Bookmarks